[ Home > Wines > Chardonnay > Other Chardonnay > Carmen Chardonnay Reserve ]

Carmen Chardonnay ReserveCarmen Chardonnay Reserve
Producer: Carmen

The grapes were collected by hand, and were strictly selected before crushing, only 7% of the grapes come from old Chardonnay’s vines of the Maipo Valley. These grapes help us to support structure and length in the blend. The intense tropical fruit, aromas of limes and mineral tones are reflected by the rest of the grapes, which come from the Casablanca Valley, a cool grape growing area. 45% of the must was fermented in French oak barrels, while the remaining 55% fermented directly in stainless steel tanks. The wine remained with its fine lees for a period of 8 months. Bottle ageing for 4 months before release.

A bright yellow green colour. Nice aromas of mango, melon, lime and grapefruits with touches of toast and vanilla. Soft and ripe fruits; plenty of tropical fruits flavors and a mineral acidity. A nice concentration and a long finish.