[ Home > SALE > Glenlivet 12yr Double Oak Single Malt Scotch ]|
**May 2019: Glenlivet 12yr is now known as Glenlivet 12yr Double Oak. It had a recent package change, but it is still the same product.**
The Glenlivet is perhaps the best known of all the Scotch single malts. Its founder, George Smith, with the encouragement of the Duke of Gordon, was the first to apply for a legal distilling license in 1824. George Smith was going against popular sentiment at the time in doing so, but his foresight to see the economic opportunities of legal distilling would give The Glenlivet a "head start" on all the competition that is yet to be overcome. It would be his "true grit" and a pair of hair-trigger pistols given to him by the laird of Aberlour that would ensure his perseverance
- Color : Light or pale gold.
- Nose : Aromatic, with flowers. Clean and simple, with some maltiness. Sherry notes, some spice and vanilla.
- Body : Medium, smooth and firm.
- Palate : Subtle peatiness. Delicate. Slightly sweet and fruity, with vanilla notes. Clean and well-balanced.
- Finish : Long, but mild and warming. A trace of peat at the end.
Copyright 2019 Internet Wines & Spirits. All rights reserved.